There’s one voice that matters more than any other—God’s—yet often it seems so hard to hear. Distant. Muffled. Silent. Communication seems one-sided. It’s not supposed to be that way, but how do you fix it?
Find out in May’s free book, Hearing God: Developing a Conversational Relationship with God by Dallas Willard. Though a noted Christian philosopher, Willard presents deep truths in an approachable way (like using The Stepford Wives to memorably illustrate common misunderstandings about hearing from God).
The book explores answers to questions like these:
- Why do people say they can hear God, but so few can explain it?
- How do we know we are hearing God and not our own voices?
- How do we learn to listen to God?
As Willard says in the preface, “God has created us for intimate friendship with himself—both now and forever.” Hearing God helps guide Christians to experience that intimate friendship.
And while you’re on the Free Book of the Month page, look at three resources by David G. Benner that dig into more of the Christian life’s most important issues:
- Desiring God’s Will: Aligning Our Hearts with the Heart of God
- The Gift of Being Yourself: The Sacred Call to Self-Discovery
- Surrender to Love: Discovering the Heart of Christian Spirituality