The newest version of Logos Bible Software has arrived! New and improved features help you do the work of ministry—without the busywork.
Pastor, professor, and self-proclaimed “Bible nerd” John K. says, “Logos 9 has built upon prior versions by making the tool more user friendly and faster. It’s everything you love about Logos Bible Software only better in nearly every way.”
It wouldn’t be user-friendly to give you just one way to get Logos. Instead, we try to provide an option for everyone—even if you only have a few dollars a month to budget for Bible study tools. So whether you’re new to Logos or you’ve loved it for decades, read on for all your options!
Before you start, though, answer this one question:
“Do you already have a Logos package?”
If you do, keep reading from right here.
If you don’t already have a Logos package, skip to “If you don’t have a Logos package.”
If you already have a Logos package
If you need help deciding between the four options below, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 888-875-9491.
One good note before you continue: no matter which upgrade you choose—or even if you don’t upgrade to Logos 9—you’ll keep all the books and features you currently have. Whoo-hoo! No action needed, nothing to worry about.
Now let’s dig into those upgrade options . . .
1. Get a Logos 9 complete upgrade
For a complete upgrade, choose a Logos 9 full package. With that package, you get
To see the differences between package levels, check out this comparison chart.
As always, you’ll only pay for what’s new to you.
2. Upgrade just your features
If you’re not ready to upgrade your library by buying a complete package, you can still get all the new Logos 9 features with a feature upgrade. It gives you all the power of Logos 9 to explore the books you currently own. And, of course, you’ll keep all your current features.
Feature upgrades now come in four levels.
- Interested in upgrading to get all the new features? The Silver Feature Upgrade is for you.
- Want all the new features plus every dataset and tool for biblical and theological research and study we have available? Choose the Full Feature Upgrade.
You can compare features in detail, but here’s a quick summary of the differences, new features only:
Since you’ll only pay for features you don’t already have, sign in to see your Dynamic Pricing. You could see significant savings!
Tip: For a cost-effective way to get access to all Logos 9 features without buying a feature upgrade, see option 3—Faithlife Connect.
3. Subscribe to Faithlife Connect
With Faithlife Connect, you get subscription-based access to all of Logos 9’s new features and a library of Bible study resources. Plans start at just $8.99/month, and you’ll maintain access as long as you subscribe.
As if that weren’t enough, you also get access to Christian videos, movies, courses, and more.
If you already own a Logos package, a Faithlife Connect subscription adds new features and resources to your current collection. So how’s that different from a complete upgrade? A complete upgrade gives you features and resources forever. Connect gives you access to features and resources as long as you’re subscribed.
Try Connect free for 14 days, no credit card required.
4. Upgrade just your library
This option is for you if 1) you’ve already bought a Logos 9 Full Feature Upgrade, 2) you’ve already purchased a Logos 9 package—and now’d like more books, or 3) you’re a current subscriber to Connect.
You can upgrade just your library. You’ll save around 90% compared to the cost of buying books individually. Then, you’ll save even more because you probably already own some of the books—and because of Dynamic Pricing, you won’t be paying for those again.
We’re only a phone call away if you need any help choosing! Reach out to us at 888-875-9491.
If you don’t have a Logos package
1. Get a Logos 9 base package
What it is
A base package is two things that work together: features and resources.
Features are Logos’ powerful tools helping you deliver life-changing sermons that don’t take a lifetime to prepare. Pastor Scott J. says,
The more time-consuming aspects of biblical exegesis can be accomplished without compromising the task itself—I feel as if I have the same level of knowledge as if I had used the grammars, lexicons, and concordances. What could take hours or days can now be accomplished in minutes.
Resources are the books, courses, and other kinds of information those features rely on to deliver insights. The size and value of the libraries grow as you move through the base package levels—from Starter all the way to Collector’s. When you purchase a base package, the resources are yours to keep and use on all your Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices.
Why it’s worth getting
The gist of it is:
- You can study the Bible better. Ultimately, this is the reason to buy Logos—to dig into God’s Word at incredible depth, with unmatched accuracy, and at lightning-fast speed. Learn how you can do that with Logos 9.
- You get the latest Logos tools and a brand-new library. With one purchase, you know you have the most powerful version of Logos, plus a curated library to go with it.
- You get started in the most cost-effective way. On average, base packages save you 90% when compared to purchasing books and features individually.
- You only go up from here. We call these base packages for a reason: this is only the beginning. You’re investing in a tool you can use and add to for years to come. And because Dynamic Pricing takes into account what you already own, you never pay for the same book or feature twice. We automatically take into account what you already own and adjust your price accordingly.
How to choose a base package
Try one of the methods below—or all!
- Take the Logos quiz. Answer a few questions about your budget and how you want to study the Bible, and we’ll suggest a base package to match. Take the quiz now.
- Get a personalized recommendation. Visit logos.com/recommend-package, and be sure you’re logged in to your Logos account. You’ll get a Logos 9 recommendation based on the resources you already own.
- Compare all our base packages. Visit logos.com/compare-packages to see how different base packages stack up.
- Talk to a Resource Expert. Give us a call at 800-875-6467. We’ll answer any questions you have and walk you through your base package options. And don’t forget to ask about our payment plans: we’ll work with you to find the option that best fits your budget.
2. Subscribe to Faithlife Connect
With Faithlife Connect, you get subscription-based access to Logos 9’s features, plus a library of Bible study resources. Plans start at just $8.99/month, and as long as you’re subscribed, you can use Logos’ powerful features with any resource.
As if that weren’t enough, you also get access to Christian videos, movies, courses, ebooks, and much more.
Try Connect free for 14 days, no credit card required.
Here’s a quick summary of everything above. In a nutshell, what you need depends on who you are and what you have.
- If you’re brand-new to Logos, get a Logos 9 base package. It’s the most cost-effective way to get started because you’re essentially buying in bulk. You’ll get a Bible study library with dictionaries, commentaries, Bible texts, and much more. It’s an all-in-one package for powerful Bible study.
- If you already have Logos and want to upgrade your library and features, get a Logos 9 complete upgrade.
- If you only want to invest in the newest Logos features—and not get more books—get a feature upgrade. You can get some or all of the new features, such as Sermon Manager, Bible Books Explorer, and the Counseling Guide. Alternatively, you can subscribe to Faithlife Connect for subscription-based access to all of Logos 9’s features.
- If you want to spread out your investment over time, choose a payment plan. (If your purchase qualifies, you’ll see this option before you begin the checkout process.)
Need more info before making your decision? Visit logos.com for an overview of what’s new in Logos, or give one of our resource experts a call at 800-875-6467.