Here are this week’s top deals, brought to you by Faithlife Ebooks. For more deals, visit our sale page or get our Free Book of the Month. Some of these deals are only good for a few days, so act fast to get these books at the sale price! (more…)
By Trillia Newbell
The other morning I woke up while my children were still sleeping and began to pray. I started thinking about my identity. Who am I? As I settled into my prayer time, I began to rejoice at the thought that I am a mother. It is part of who I am. To my children, it is my name: Mom. [Read more…]
Dr. Paul Tripp is a pastor, international event speaker, and award-winning author. Dr. Tripp’s latest Parenting conference is now available to stream via Faithlife TV. A streaming license allows you, your group, or your church to replay the event as many times as you want through November 30. Get one now.
From the sentimental images on greeting cards to the flawless young heroes of animated films, we often think of kids as pure and innocent beings who don’t suffer from the moral corruption of the adult world. [Read more…]
This is a guest post by Paul Tripp, author and founder of the Parenting conference. It has been adapted from a blogpost and has been edited for readability.
It was 11:00 p.m. on a Sunday night and I was pulling out of the grocery store parking lot, exhausted and overwhelmed. After putting our four children to bed much later than we wanted to, my wife Luella discovered we didn’t have anything in the house to pack for the kids’ lunches the next day. So, with an attitude that couldn’t be described as joyful, I got in the car and did a late-night food run. As I waited for the light to change, it hit me. It seemed as if my mission was impossible: I was called to be the father of four children. [Read more…]
This post is by Jeannie Seery. It has been excerpted from Moment with God: A Devotional on Every Biblical Book.
Perhaps it’s because of the immense joy and pain I’ve experienced being a parent that I’ve been thinking a great deal lately about how the actions of Adam and Eve, our first parents, influence our daily lives.
As I’ve read it and heard it preached, the curse itself seems to be pretty straightforward: Women will toil in childbirth while men toil in work. I find myself wondering, though, how is this ancient curse evidenced in our modern existence, as we seek to work out our salvation with fear and trembling?
Bestselling authors and relationship experts Bill and Pam Farrel have teamed up with Faithlife to host a book group centered on their new devotional, A Couple’s Journey with God. To better connect the book group with the authors, we sat down with Bill and Pam. Here’s what they told us.
Q: Is it true you have a formula in Red-Hot Monogamy that calculates how much time it takes for a couple to create a love that lasts a lifetime?
Yes, we explain how much T.I.M.E. investment it takes to keep a red-hot love life with a simple acrostic:
- Ten to twenty minutes a day of talk time to stay emotionally connected.
- Invest in a weekly date night to keep fanning the flame.
- Monthly all-day getaway to be sure that your needs for romance and sex are met.
- Escape yearly—or better yet, twice a year: once for a marriage conference, and once for some rest and romance, like on your anniversary.
Q: What are a few ways couples can keep the Bible central to their relationship?
Bill and I see Bible study like one wonderful adventure! Anytime we learn something about biblical history, context, or words, we run and share it with the other! We also encourage couples to do the simple basics so they can feel successful with the Bible:
- Attend a Bible-teaching church together weekly.
- Be involved in a Bible study group together.
Have a five-minute time in the Word, like we encourage in A Couple’s Journey with God.
30% off the Marriage, Sex, and Questions Kids Ask book bundle:
- Red-Hot Monogamy: Making Your Marriage Sizzle
With their trademark insight, humor, and candid personal perspectives, Bill and Pam reveal the truth about sexual relationships in marriage and what husbands and wives need to know to keep the embers burning.
- Sex is like fireworks!—why a little skill turns marriage into red-hot monogamy
- How sex works best emotionally, physically, and physiologically
- How to avoid the pleasure thieves that steal your chance for fulfillment
With humor and creativity, Pam delivers humor and wisdom in a fun woman-to-woman style through inspirational stories, godly advice, and easy-to-read offerings that include:
- Wow assignments: simple ways to support, love, and encourage husbands
- Wow wisdom: Bible verses and wisdom to help women cover their spouse with prayer
- Wow dates: creative ideas for everything from shared meals to weekend getaways
Every parent wants to help their children make wise choices. Now Bill and Pam bring their trademark humor and characteristic wisdom to one of the scariest topics of all: teaching kids about sex.
- Lay a foundation for healthy conversation.
- Articulate God’s view of sex.
- Protect your children by giving them the right information at the right time.
Sale ends May 14.