We’ve all taken photos of our Bible and a coffee mug—I know I have. But most of the time, I’m left wondering why my photo is missing the wow factor of other images.
A Faithlife Media image:
In this short video brought to you by Faithlife Media, you can learn what a flatlay is, what you need to make a beautiful flatlay, and how to take flatlay photos. Whether you’re shooting on a smartphone or a DSLR, you can start putting these tips to work today. [Read more…]
By Joshua Hunt & Nick Kelly
Slide presentations are a primary communication tool in worship services. Adding a photo to a church presentation is a great way to support the message of a slide—from song lyrics to announcements to sermon points. Photos that purposefully communicate a specific feeling or topic are more effective than pretty pictures of landscapes. Here are some tips for choosing and editing photos so they work effectively with your text. [Read more…]
Since the early 2000s, the music of Shane Barnard and Shane Everett of Shane & Shane has influenced a generation of worshippers. Over 16 albums, they intertwined acoustic guitar melodies with Scripture, providing believers with a unique way to interact with God’s word. [Read more…]
There’s something polished and inviting about the right imagery for church signage, sermons, and events. They’re worth creating. But sometimes they can take so much time and effort, it distracts from what you should really be focusing on. [Read more…]
You don’t have to be a graphic designer to create beautiful church media designs. It only takes a few clicks in Faithlife Media’s Smart Media Editor. Add your own text, tweak the style to match your taste, and download immediately. Here’s how.
1. Locate media
Navigate to media.faithlife.com, and search for stock photos, sermon slides, and more.
You can select a filter on the left, or sort using the drop-down menu on the right to narrow your results.
- Left-hand panel: Select categories, media type, tags, or language filters on the left.
- Media icons: Each piece of media includes icons to preview its contents. For example, the highlighted Ephesians media pack includes 22 items in three formats: Photoshop, PowerPoint, and JPG.
- Sort by: Sort results by most recent, relevance, popularity, trending, or rating.
2. Select media
Choose a media pack to preview the available items. You can share or download the media without customization.
- Select Share to distribute the media pack on Faithlife, social media, or via a link.
- Click Download to download any of the media types available.
3. Customize media
Select Customize to personalize media before downloading.
Add additional elements from the left-hand options.
- Text: Add a headline, subhead, or body text.
- Elements: Add visual overlay elements.
- Images: Add images from your Faithlife group’s online files.
- Background: Change the slide to a different background.
- Filter: Apply a filter to your content (e.g., grayscale, invert, vintage, technicolor, etc.).
To move a text box, element, or image, select it in the live preview on the right and drag it to your preferred location. Depending on your selection, the panel on the left will provide additional editing options. The toolbar above includes undo and redo buttons and other options like color, group, align, duplicate, and delete.
When you’re done customizing your media, click Download to save the image to your computer.
If you’re building church graphics slides for your service each week, you’ve probably wondered, How can I [Read more…]
By Phil Bowdle
Christmas is coming, and you’re probably reacting in one of two ways (or both). One, you’re digging out your favorite holiday music so you can get into the Christmas spirit. Two, you’re already anxious about everything your church needs to do to get ready. [Read more…]