It’s no secret that people use mobile devices now more than ever. But here are some mobile usage statistics that may surprise (and shock) you:
- Worldwide, more people own a cell phone than a toothbrush.
- On average, people spend over five hours a day on their mobile devices.
- 46% of people would rather give up having one extra day off per week than give up their smartphone.
- Millennials’ mobile consumption has now eclipsed their live TV consumption.
Aside from making you want to pass out toothbrushes to everyone you see, why do these statistics matter for your church?
Answer: If you’re not offering mobile giving, you’re probably missing out on thousands of dollars each year.
- In the past year, mobile giving donations have increased 205%.
- Nonprofits can increase giving 126% by simply having a mobile-responsive website.
- Faith-based organizations saw the greatest increase in giving with an 18.1% increase in online donations.
- Nearly three-fourths of the entire population of the United States donates to charity in some form or another on a regular basis (69%).
These numbers show us that people are ready to give and prefer to give from their mobile device. It’s easy to see why churches need to move to mobile engagement and giving options.
Imagine what an optimized mobile-responsive website might do, or an in-app experience that allows for giving in seconds. This is incredible data for churches to understand and act upon.
Imagine what ministry projects and goals your church could achieve with a 126% increase in giving. It’s possible for your church.