Logos 6 Is Here: The World’s Best Bible Software Just Got Better

640x186 (1)
We’ve just released Logos 6—the most powerful Bible software on the planet. Take your place at the forefront of biblical studies: get Logos 6 now.

More than 20 years ago, Logos Bible Software revolutionized the way people study the Word of God. Today, Logos has built on over two decades of technology-based Bible study to bring you Logos 6.

Bob Pritchett, CEO of Faithlife, says, “Logos 6 is all about delivering insight. Building on the innovations in Logos 4 and 5, the new release features new tools for exploring the Bible, connecting it to ancient and modern literature, and sharing your insights with others.”

To create Logos 6, we built tools that don’t exist anywhere else in the world.

Interconnected ancient literature

With Logos 6’s new Ancient Literature tool, you can unearth powerful connections between the Bible and ancient texts, so you get a clearer picture of the Bible’s background and historical impact on various cultures.

Pritchett says, “We’ve had scholars tag every cultural concept in the Bible, then extend that tagging to other ancient literature. This is a unique new database that helps you see connections that were nearly impossible to find before.”

Search any verse in the Passage Guide, and the Ancient Literature tool helps you see connections to the Talmud, Mishna, Judaic literature, Apostolic Fathers, Philo, and more.

This tool does all the heavy lifting for you—so you can do scholarly work, whether or not you have a degree.

Interactive Media

Logos 6 is packed with new ways to help you visualize the biblical world. Interactive infographics, one of our new lines of Interactive Media, are textbook illustrations come to life. Whether you’re studying on your own, or teaching a group, Logos 6 helps you conceptualize the armor of God, temples, altars, and more. Interactive Media combines scholarly descriptions of ancient concepts with visual representations to maximize your learning.

Smarter language tools

No matter your Greek and Hebrew background, brand-new Greek and Hebrew Alphabet Tutors will help you master the biblical languages. The Greek tutor lets you choose from three common pronunciations: Koine, Erasmian, and Modern Greek. Interactive Media helps you practice each letter and provides common lemmas associated with it.

greek_alphabet_tutor

Don’t know Greek or Hebrew? Now you can learn it!

These same tools that help scholars and students master the biblical languages can also help you get started. Learning to read and write Greek and Hebrew has never been easier. Start from the beginning, and learn how to read and write each letter with audio and interactive visual aides.

Insightful resources for Psalms and Proverbs

Logos 6 introduces the revolutionary Psalms Explorer and Proverbs Explorer—Interactive Media that helps you visually understand and sort the Psalms and Proverbs by genre, topic, theme, and more.

Take a look at the Psalms Explorer:

form_and_structure_of_the_psalms

You can instantly sort and view the Psalms by form, structure, and more. The size of each Psalm in the browser corresponds to its size in the text. Genres are distinguished by color, so when you select an author like David, at a glance, you can see that a vast majority of the Psalms he wrote are laments. The Psalms Explorer helps you see connections and deliver insight in exciting new ways.

Logos 6’s new Interactive Media creates a Bible study experience unlike anything in existence.

Make Logos 6 yours

Right now, it’s easier than ever to get the base package that’s right for you. If you’re signed into your Faithlife account, we can even make a personal recommendation for you, based on the resources and tools you already own.

Get Logos 6 today, and revolutionize your Bible study.

* * *

If you got Logos 5 in the last 6 months, we’ve got a unique, limited-time-upgrade deal just for you. Call our sales team at 888-875-9491 to see what we’ve got for you.

Comments

1. John says

Why not honor those who have made the commitment to you by purchasing the highest package level “portfolio” with free upgrades in your operating systems? Or is it free to everyone?

Hi John,

Our resident scholars and software developers have invested a lot of work into the new features in Logos 6. We always offer updates for free, because you purchased the software we are updating (anyone who purchases Logos 5 after you gets the most current version, not the original version), but upgrading is different—it’s a whole new product, with new tools, datasets, and functionality.

If you only want the new features of Logos 6 because you’re happy with the library you have, we have a great selection of crossgrade products which give you the features of Logos 6 without the library.

Please don’t hesitate to give us a call, and we’ll be happy to talk through your upgrade options. 888-875-9491

Hi Johnny,

That was an update, which improves your current software. An upgrade adds additional features, datasets, and resources to your software. Let us know if you have any further questions.

3. Dimitri Vandenheede says

I'm from Europe and can't call a sales rep. Will the limited-time-upgrade deals be available for us without needing to call?

4. Kelvin White says

Will customers that have Logos 5 Diamond and up be receiving a free upgrade to Logos 6. I think that would be fair, do to these customers making a large investment in the product.

Hi Kelvin,

Updates to the software are free, but upgrades are a different story. Our resident scholars and software developers have been working on Logos 6 for a long time. They’ve developed completely new tools and datasets—these aren’t just improvements to the existing software (i.e. updates). I hope this helps clarify the distinction.

If you already own Logos 5 Diamond, there are a lot of options for upgrading. If you’re not interested in the new resources and just want the datasets, features, and functionality of Logos 6, a crossgrade might be the best package for you.

I’d highly recommend giving the sales team a call—they can work with you on a personal level to help you decide what makes the most sense for you.

888-875-9491

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you!

Ryan

• Kelvin White says

Thanks Ryan, I am not sure how the crossgrades work are if they have the same features of the Logos 6 product. I will give the sales team a call to find out the best options for me. Thanks again.

5. Arend says

Hello,
    I’m very curious about the update but unfortunately I’m not able to call outside my country.
    Regards,
    Arend Haverhoek
    Netherlands

Hi Dimitri,

You can certainly get upgrade deals without calling to make your purchase. You can buy directly from Logos.com, or if you’d prefer to speak to a salesperson, you can email sales@logos.com and connect from there. Let us know if there’s anything else we can do to help!

7. Mike Binks says

Add a comment…Dimitri – I live in the UK. When I call Logos I use Skype the cost of the call is a few cents.

• Alexandre Desroches says

same to me concerning the website. Probably an enormous amount of trafic due to that great release.

8. Ray Smith says

Why haven't you emailed your existing users with an upgrade deal, why should we have to contact you, the first rule of sales is that you contact the customer not the other way round. This time I think you have made a mistake and ignored your loyal client base.

9. Rob Parkinson says

I think that we should have had prior notice.I cannot get on the website ,
    and being in the UK to phone costs, If you e-mail you will just get a automated reply.
    I wonder if some how (at least sometimes ) loyal customers are taken for granted . As to those with a more expensive package being offered a better deal,well maybe but do think of all those scrimping to even buy a lower grade!

Hi Rob,

We really hope you don’t feel taken for granted. We’ve been working hard on this for a long time, and many of our customers have been hard at work testing Logos 6 to make sure it’s ready for the public.

Existing customers with larger libraries and more recent versions of Logos receive a larger discount because they have more content—some of the content overlaps between base packages and upgrades, and we don’t make you pay double for the resources you already own. For people with smaller libraries or older versions of the software, the cost gets closer to the full price, because more of the content is new. I hope this makes sense. We offer lots of options for lots of different budgets, so there’s something for everyone.

Please let us know if you have any more questions. Thanks!

Ryan

Hi Ray,

We are definitely emailing our existing users to tell them about the upgrade. However, we have over 2 million users, so it takes a while for the emails to send. If you haven’t received an email yet, you will. Since our dynamic pricing accounts for every resource you own, and reduces your price accordingly, each customer still needs to contact our sales department (or purchase on Logos.com while signed into their account) to see the full extent of their personalized offer.

With all of the factors that go into our personalized prices, we cannot tell every individual user what their custom price is through an automated email. I realize this is difficult when everyone wants to contact sales at the same time, and I’m sorry we don’t have a better solution at this time.

Please let me know if there’s anything more I can do to be of help.

Again, we’re sorry for the inconvenience, Ray. We’ve taken a lot of extra measures to ensure that this day would go as smoothly as possible, but our sites are still loaded to the max. We are doing the best we can, and our staff is working around the clock.

In the meantime, please feel free to brush up on what’s new in Logos 6 and explore our features on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/LogosBibleSoftware

I'm still trying to figure out why Faithlife hasn't started moving Logos to the web. I'm also surprised to see that they haven't adopted the subscription model for software.

Hi Don,

If you purchased Logos 5 within the last 6 months, we have a special offer just for you, and you should receive an email telling you more about it. You can also email sales@logos.com or call 888-875-9491, and they can tell you more about the special offer. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Ryan

• dave says

I have Logos 5 Reformed Diamond. I assume upgrading to Logos 6 Reformed Starter? I continue to keep my library but will still get the Logos 6 core at cheaper price.

If you compare the Logos 6 Core Crossgrade and Logos 6 Reformed Starter, you’ll notice that Starter is cheaper and includes new books, but the Core Crossgrade has more features of Logos 6 (and if you have Diamond, new datasets and tools will probably be more valuable to you than new books).

It completely depends on what you’re looking for. From what you’ve shared though, it sounds like you want the most bang for your buck in Logos 6? Take a look at the pages for the Core Crossgrade and Starter base package, and scroll down to datasets. That’s where you’ll see the functionality you’ll gain across your whole library (and it sounds like you’ve already got a solid library.

Logos 6 Core Crossgrade: http://lgs.to/1p1RFfg

Logos 6 Reformed Starter: http://lgs.to/1thxDgB

13. John Wayne says

as someone else already asked “what about the upgrade that was supposed to be done on sunday night?” That would have been the 27th.

Hi John,

There were some issues initially, but the update should be available as planned. You can check the forums for the most current information. There are several threads about it currently, but this one has had the most interaction with developers working on the update: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92866.aspx

I hope this helps, let me know if I can do anything else.

Ryan

14. Andy Gibbs says

Good morning from the UK.

I've been looking at the costs and in the UK the upgrade to Starter (already owning this in Logos 5) is £48 rather than the £31 it would be if a straight conversion from dollars to pounds. That is a little disappointing.

AndyG

15. John Bunting says

There are many people using Logos who live in the USA never mind elsewhere who have limited internert in speed, reliability and limited downloads. The picture of the cheap, ultra highspeed, unltra reliable, universal internet, is likely to be a dream for most people for a number of years to come outside of the big cities. My internet is fairly good but I would not have invested in Logos 30 months ago if it had been running from the internet. As an example I just tried to reply using my hotmail log in and was told that Hotmail was having problems and to come back later! I do not have that using Logos.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. That should not be happening. I've notified our E-commerce team, and in the meantime, sales@logos.com will be more than happy to assist you.

We don't do a straight conversion since the rates are always in flux. We use an estimate, but in this case, that's a bug.

Ryan, you mention there are 4 crossgrades:

I was able to login and look over the denominational packages and there were 3 different types of crossgrades for each, the lowest cost being $399.00. I was logged in, but the site did not seem to recognize all the resources I’ve piled up since version 3.0, Lib.

Where would I find the Crossgrades you mention above, after upgrading to Gold Logos 4 and then the crossgrade and starter resource for Logos 5 and numerous packages over the years, a crossgrade for the functionality would be be great, but not the ones I saw with the denominational packages, lowest cost being $399.

In a week or two things should calm down and at that time, perhaps I can look at some of the new denominational packages, however, I did not see a “Greek Orthodox Convert to a 4 point Baptist” set. :-)

Thanks,

Dean

Dean,

I am truly sorry, that was a mistake on my part. The crossgrade options I initially mentioned were specifically for people who recently purchased L5, and I will have to edit that previous comment.

The three crossgrade options you are seeing should be accounting for the tools and datasets you already have. The Logos 6 Core Crossgrade adds the new tools, Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade adds new tools, media, and datasets, and the Logos 6 Extended Crossgrade adds new tools, media, datasets, and expands your library.

Again, I apologize for my mistake.

Ryan

18. George Gallant says

I am living on one-thousand dollars a month and just purchased Version 5 last year while I was back in America. Now you come out with version 6 and want thousands of dollars. You know you were going to have a new version soon and should have said something. I could have saved my money back then to put toward a newer version.

Now I live in China with my Chinese wife because of the high cost of things in America, and as I said one-thousand dollars, does not go far in the States.

19. Ron Graham says

I have to laugh to keep myself from crying. Not really but it smarts to see I bought the reformed diamond for $2,932.46 with tax and all 24 easy payments of $143 and less than 60 days the same level comes out in Logos 6 for $754.99 a huge difference in cost and resources. I would back out of my current plan and rebuy if I could but I am several weeks over the 30 day money back guarantee

Hi Ryan,

No worries my friend. We all make mistakes. Looking over the functionality, with languages standing out for me, I can see why there is such a difference from the Logos 5 crossgrades.

Thanks for the update…

In Christ,

Dean

I know you’re just making a tasteful jab, but our upgrade cycle is generally 2-3 years :)

We’re constantly working to improve the existing software while our developers and Bible scholars also develop brand-new tools. When those tools are ready, we build a new software platform that can support them.

Not to mention, with Dynamic Pricing, you never pay for the same content twice—including datasets, tools, books, etc.

Have a great day Jimmy, whether you decide to hold out for Logos 7 or not ;)

John Bunting Faithlife already has at least one product, Proclaim, that uses a monthly payment system and updates/syncs automatically via the internet. I'm not necessarily saying that I would choose that option over outright paying for the service. I'm just surprised that Faithlife hasn't moved in that direction for Logos.

So if you were a loyal customer but bought Logos 5 as soon as you could then you wont get the same deal? I love logos but see a trend towards getting more money out of people and less on serving them. I know alot of work goes into building the great tool Logos is but for someone with very limited finances it is disheartening to be priced out of so many of those great resources :(

OK, like all software Logos is evolving, But there is a lot of stuff I see in the base package cross-grade that I wouldn't want. So to buy this would clutter my library with a lot of useless junk. If this is a "has to be" then I'm afraid I won't be buying.

Is it touch-friendly? In additional to the very powerful research tools that I enjoy on my desktop, I use Logos on a Windows tablet, with a slimmed-down layout, to lead Bible study. It's great to have the notes and the scripture side-by-side! But it's not very touch-friendly.

Hi Charlie,

I'm sorry you feel that way. We love our customers and we do our best to show them that in every interaction we have with them. We care about what technology lets the church do. We provide free Bible study resources for both of those reasons. As you said, a lot of work goes into building Logos tools, and as much as we would like to, it's not something that we can afford to provide for free.

The special offer for people who recently purchased Logos 5 also comes from our love for our customers, and it’s also an acknowledgement that when we don’t announce our upgrades in advance (for a number of reasons that have to do with serving our customers), some people buy and then feel frustrated that we didn’t tell them we were about to upgrade before they made their purchase (which as I said, we don’t do for multiple reasons that ultimately point back to serving our customers).

If you’ve been using Logos 5 for two years, that’s awesome. It’s encouraging to know that some of our customers have been using our products for as long as we’ve been in business (over 20 years now!), and not all of them have upgraded, and we don’t want to make anyone feel like they have to upgrade for us to appreciate them as a customer.

I know you know this, but I want to make a point of saying it anyways. You do not have to upgrade to Logos 6 in order to study the Bible. Logos 5 is still a great product. If you want the tools of Logos 6 but can’t afford it, you can wait.

Charlie, we really appreciate you, and I hope that’s clear whenever you interact with us.

God bless!

Great question, Neal. The touch functionality of Logos 6 is the same as it is in Logos 5. That’s something we’d love to work on, but we try to focus on the areas customers ask about the most. Greater touch support may be something we focus on when more of our user base moves to tablets.

Let me know if you have any more questions! God bless.

Let me know if you have any more questions! God bless.

28. Jeff Kirst says

We just bought a Logos5 Starter package for a financially struggling pastor friend about 10 days ago. I find it disappointing that I was not told to wait a week or so and then buy Logos6 Starter instead. I have to wonder, as others have observed, if Logos is now all about generating maximum revenue from "peddling the Gospel"?

Thank you for your patience, Ray! Last week was unusually crazy for us on all fronts. Sorry for the inconvenience and the delay.

This was the exact problem I stated in an email I sent. I just didn't understand why if I am buying logos 5 right before logos 6, I wouldn't be notified/given the option to hold off a few days. My email was responded to and I was told "I actually can update to logos 6 for free". I researched this and still haven't found out how to do so "for free". I am currently awaiting a response to my email I just sent asking how do I upgrade for free to logos 6 since I was told I could from a sales rep.

30. Jeff Kirst says

Terry Morgan they actually give a 30 day money back return policy which is what I would fall back on. They have been too busy with Logos6 upgraders for me to waste my time on the phone trying to resolve this issue. My wife works retail at The Container Store and if she gets a customer that is planning an expensive closet and their yearly sale is coming up very soon she always lets them know that they have an option to wait and save. Some folks don't care about the money and are in a hurry but others decide to wait. But at least they have gotten full disclosure and you don't end up with an unhappy customer.

Hi Jeff,

You gave a generous gift to your pastor friend, and I hope your friend has been enjoying the software so far. I’m sorry you’re disappointed. We’ve been navigating this 2–3 year upgrade cycle for over 20 years now, and over time and after a lot of feedback from customers, we arrived at the conclusion that not announcing release dates in advance is what’s best for the customer and our continued relationship with them.

If you purchased Logos 5 10 days ago, you’re eligible to get your friend a very exclusive upgrade deal on Logos 6. As you said, you can also use the return policy and purchase Logos 6 instead. The choice is yours of course, and we want you to do what you believe is best for your friend.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

• Jeff Kirst says

so how do I find out about this “very exclusive upgrade deal”? Does it involve more money? And I have to say I am rather curious about the logic behind how not announcing release dates in advance is what’s best for the CUSTOMER? I can see why it is good for the vendor.

Jeff,

To learn about your special offer, you have to call or email sales (888-875-9491 or sales@logos.com). If you purchased Logos 5 after July 29, this will not involve more money.

Our policies have emerged from years of experience and numerous launches. We have learned from experience and from the feedback we’ve received from customers, and that all contributed to the decision to not announce a new release until it’s public.

Terry Morgan, if you purchased Logos 6 within 6 months, you should have received an email from us about your options. At this time, the only way we can work with individual customers in your situation is over the phone at 888-875-9491, or by email at sales@logos.com.

Our sales and customer service teams have been working hard to respond to all our customers, and I’m sorry that you’ve had to wait so long to get a hold of someone.

33. Dale says

I’m at Logos 5 Standard Starter and would like to upgrade.

Should I do Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade first or Logos 6 Standard Starter?

Whichever one I do first will lower the price of the other because of duplicate resources, but there must be a recommended sequence.

Thanks, Dale Heath.

Hi Dale,

Out of curiosity, why do you want both packages? If you want all of the new features of Logos 6 and some new resources, the Extended Crossgrade is probably the way to go.

If you are set on getting both packages, the order isn’t important. If they share 10 resources in common, those 10 resources will come out of the cost of the other. If they share 100 resources in common, same deal. Dynamic Pricing just makes sure you don’t pay for the same resource twice. If you have 4,000 resources in your library, but the package you’re looking at doesn’t have any of those resources, then Dynamic Pricing doesn’t take anything off. Does that make sense?

All this to say, I’d recommend the Extended Crossgrade if you want a few new resources and all the features, but if you want to get Logos 6 Standard Starter and the Feature Crossgrade, the order won’t affect your price—you’ll get the same discount either way.

If you want to confirm this, you can call the sales team and they can pull up your account and walk you through each scenario. Up to you though.

Good question, Dale!

Sales number: 888-875-9491
      email: sales@logos.com

I hope this helps.

Ryan

34. Dale says

The L6 Feature Crossgrade has the tools I want and L6 Starter has the resources I want. I’d have to get L6 Gold to get both and at a much higher cost. I upgraded to L5 5 months ago, so I’m waiting to see what my special price is. I guess I’ll have to call, no response to my 2 eamils.

It’s a budget thing.
    Thanks, Dale Heath.

It sounds like you have a pretty clear understanding of what you’re looking for. I’m sorry no one has responded to your emails yet. Calling is definitely the best way to get a hold of someone, but they will get to your emails as soon as they can too. They have quite a list to respond to from this last week! Thank you for your patience, Dale.

God bless,

Ryan

35. Dale says

It is best to call and I’m glad I did. I ordered the Crossgrade and the Starter at the same time. I got an additional $30 discount on each package. If I had ordered them one at a time, I would have only gotten one $30 discount.
    Now, where is that raining video…………..

I have an idea for Logos that I have been meaning to share. Is it possible to consider a one time payment for upgrades for the next so many years. For instance, I would not mind paying more up front, perhaps with a discount, and letting you all use that upfront money to fund your future upgrades and then automatically getting the upgrade as it comes for the set amount of years. My investment would give you all upfront funds, and will give me the updates without having to worry if a new one is going to be just around the corner. This is the reason that I am not getting 6 now because I feel that 7 will be soon to follow.