Logos Is Faithlife

logos-is-faithlife-corporation-logo-187x300Logos Bible Software (the company) is now Faithlife Corporation.

We haven’t been bought; we don’t have a new owner. Logos Bible Software is still our flagship product, and we’re not changing its name. You’ll still find it at Logos.com.

But ‘software’ is something you download onto your desktop computer. And while I still do that—and so do you!—we’re moving toward a future where apps, websites, and digital content set the pace.

We have been leading that way for a while: Proclaim Church Presentation Software, Biblia.com, Vyrso, Faithlife Groups, Lexham Press, Faithlife Study Bible, and so much more. This video really makes the point:

All of these tools are connected by a single account—the same one you use at Logos.com, Biblia.com, Vyrso.com, and Faithlife.com.

And that’s your Faithlife account, from Faithlife Corporation, the leading provider of digital content and tools for the Christian church.

The simple summary: Logos Bible Software is a product of Faithlife Corporation. You sign in to Logos—and all Faithlife products and websites—with your Faithlife account.

Changing a company name is a big deal, and we’ll be working through the details for months. I appreciate your patience as we make this transition, and I want you to know that we are still the same team, with the same leaders and owners, and with the same goal: helping you do more and better Bible study—and more!

Comments

1. Jeff Gibson says

It has been my experience over the years that when a change like this takes place, the people who have invested a lot of money into a program / company, end up on the short end or flat out screwed to be blunt. So now are we all going to receive a e-mail saying if you want to continue to use OUR product you have to pay us money for what you already paid for once because we " changed our name "????
    Jeff Gibson
    Hubbard Lake, Mi

2. David Pereira says

Good to see you thinking ahead and formulating a strategy to meet the needs of the culture in the best way possible. You do GOOD work. Thanks!

I can assure that certainly isn't the case here :) Everything Faithlife makes, from the FSB to Logos Bible Software to Proclaim, is connected through the same system. It has always been about making things easier for customers. None of the company values or leadership or ownership has changed. The only difference is that now the name of the company better represents everything the company provides. I hope this helps clarify the transition.

4. David says

I am sure this is all good for marketing and corporate image. However I have two problems:

1. I have to look in two places to check I am up to date with logos content, if that is the right expression.

2. There are 5 very similar apps. It takes up a lot of room to have them all and content needs to be duplicated. If I don’t I miss out on some feature or free book. As they are updated the differences change. At present I am just using the Faithlife Bible on my phone.

Hi David,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. Moving forward, updates on what’s going on with Faithlife will be posted to the Faithlife blog. If you want to know about Logos Bible Software’s latest deals, blog.logos.com is always going to be your best source.

As for the apps, each is designed to meet a different set of needs. If you have a lot of resources from Logos Bible Software, the Logos app is going to be most effective. While they are similar, each app has its own purpose, and its functionality focuses on different resources.

I hope this helps,

Ryan

5. Freddie Kinsler says

Great product! hope all at Logos and Faithlife are well blessed this coming New Year thanks so much for the upgrades and data sets you all have worked on for some time keep up the Great Work! and God bless all of you!

I have been satisfied with the Logos product. Now using version 5. Started out with version .010 :-). So I have a lot, for me, invested in the Bible Study software. I am not concerned with the management decisions as long as the product is useful, easy and cost effective as I define cost effective.

Bill

7. Steven Oliver says

I’ve been a customer since before ver 3.0. For ver 6, I could only afford the “Starter” package. Of course, I kept my “Scholar’s Library” from Libronix series “X”. To say it another way, I’ve been with the company from XP to Win 7 (my wife using Win 8.1). I’ve added books from time to time, hunting Christian book stores for some of the books and buying strait from Logos for many others. I like the pre-pub pricing.
    It would help to have one place for all the free and sale books. I prefer under Logos as I go there the most (biger desktop screen than my phone or 7″ tablet).
    I don’t expect to be re-charged for what I’ve already invested. I consider that to be a non-issue.

8. Craig says

I didn’t really care for the edgy music in the video and I noted that there was not one clearly visible PC in the devices and laptops so clearly displayed/advertised. Could have missed one I guess, but it caused me to wonder just what is Faithlife’s relationship with Apple? Also, with Apple’s CEO making the public statement that his homosexuality was a gift from God and the company’s visible and active promotion of that lifestyle and agenda, what is Faithlife’s stand on traditional marriage, homosexuality, and unequal yoking?