Proverbs has a lot to say about wisdom, and it also has a lot to say about foolishness. See if anything on this list surprises you:
- A fool starts fights. (Proverbs 18:6)
- A fool is easily upset. (Proverbs 12:16)
- A fool believes everything he reads. (Proverbs 14:15)
- A fool loves to talk, but hates to listen. (Proverbs 18:2)
- A fool is fiercely independent. (Proverbs 28:26)
- A fool makes light of sin. (Proverbs 10:23)
- A fool hates their mama. (Proverbs 15:20)
I can always tell a fool, unless they’re hiding inside me. (Click to tweet) But Scripture—especially Proverbs—has a way of forcing me to confront uncomfortable truths. That’s why James said Scripture is like a mirror (James 1:22–25).
The Faithlife Study Bible combines a modern English translation, three layers of detailed study notes, and rich multimedia to bring the Scriptures to life in a whole new way. Download it for free from your favorite app store.